design

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2nd chances

 I used to have a blog. I wrote about my kids, my family and sometimes my struggles. I found it cathartic to write but I never felt comfortable enough to really share the deep stuff. Eventually life got in the way and I stopped posting. I think I was mostly blogging for others then. Lots has changed since my last post there 2 years ago and something in me yearns for an outlet. So I started this blog.. for myself. Not to share cute pictures of my kids, not to showcase the things that are right and good in my life, just to be real. I just want a place to unload my baggage, to unpack my worries and hopefully a place to find some clarity in the chaos that is my life.
  I thought about just keeping a private journal but there is just something so freeing about a public confession, even if no one reads it. Maybe it's a bit like confession at a Catholic church. Sure you can come clean with God in your own home but there is just a little more ownership when you admit to another earthly being all the things you've done or not done.
    So here I am in this fresh, newborn year giving blogging a second chance. I love second chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment